12/16/2015

An amazing interview by Kurt Russell on Gun Control, "put some controls? So the people who want to defend themselves can't?"

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at Monday, December 14, 12.31 PM
Kurt Russell: If you think gun control, or something like that, is going to change the terrorists’ point of view, I think you’re, like, out of your mind. I think anybody [who says that] is. I think it’s absolutely insane. 
The problem that we are having right now is that we don't have the concepts of how to turn it around and say, you may think you've got me worried about what you are going to do, Dude, you’re about to find out what I’m gonna do, and that’s gonna worry you a lot more.  And that‘s what we need. That will change the concept of gun culture, as you call it, to something [like] reality. Which is, if I’m a hockey team and I’ve got some guy bearing down on me as a goal tender, I’m not concerned about what he’s gonna do — I’m gonna make him concerned about what I’m gonna do to stop him. That’s when things change. . . . 
Wells: Obama's point was that the guys on the no-fly list, no-fly list because of terrorist connections, can get a gun pretty easily. 
Russell: They can also get a bomb pretty easily, so what?  They can also get knives and stab you. What are you gonna do about that? They can also get cars and run you over. What are you gonna do about that? 
Wells: They didn't kill the people in San Bernardino with . . . 
Russell: Well, they killed others that way.  Haven't they?  Yah. Yah.  So what are you going to do?  Outlaw everything?  That isn't the answer. 
Wells: Just put some controls. 
Russell: Put some controls? So the people who want to defend themselves can't? 
Wells: No, not so you can't, just so the idiots can't get a hold of them. 
Russell:  Do you really believe that they aren't going to?  Are you serious about that?
Listen to the rest of the interview.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home