7/19/2014

East Tennessee family restaurant posts "Guns are Welcome"


From WBIR in eastern Tennessee:

"As the owner, I wanted to stand my ground. I have that constitutional right. If you like it, that's great, if you don't, I'm sorry for you. I can't change who I am," said Sharma Floyd, with Shiloh Brew and Chew.
Floyd said she posted the signs about a month ago after reading a story out of North Carolina.
"They had put up a sign that said 'No Weapons Allowed' and they were robbed at gunpoint two days later. The convenience store manager was shot," said Floyd. "And that got me thinking. I lost a whole group of motorcyclists because they thought I didn't allow weapons. But I believe it's ok to carry as long as you have a permit."
The restaurant does not sell liquor, and Floyd said she asks anyone who orders a beer if they are carrying. . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home