8/27/2013

Milwaukee Co. Sheriff David Clarke educates Milwaukee Police Chief on Guns and Crime

Here is part of a press release put out by Sheriff Clarke:
. . . “Ed Flynn can stop with his arrogant way of lecturing me on what I need to do. I take my orders from the collective public, not from him. He takes his orders from Tom Barrett. 
This from a guy whose ‘fool-‘em-with-statistics-crime-strategy’ turned out to be a house of cards. Now the people of Milwaukee are paying for that snake-oil with fewer cops on the street. 
 
Why is it only a substantive conversation when he’s involved? He and Tom Barrett’s conversation is one-sided and it centers on stricter gun control for law-abiding citizens.  
I’m not interested in joining his blame-the-gun conversation whose goal is to browbeat me into believing that fewer guns equal less crime. That myth has been debunked in a study done by author John Lott.  
I am on the side of victims of crime and law-abiding citizens. I’ll converse with them. He, on the other hand, is on the anti-gun, anti-second amendment, lenient judiciary side. I have not heard him say one word about the role of the revolving door nature of the Milwaukee County criminal justice system and how that negates what officers do to keep repeat criminals off the street." . . . . 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home