1/15/2013

Journalists and Politicians refuse to post gun-free signs on their homes



The video really doesn't start until 1:10 into the clip and the most interesting example starts at 2:29.  It is interesting that people will put up a sign saying that they have a gun when they don't, but the reverse is never true and people without guns don't seem to want to advertise that either.  In all my debates, I haven't come across a gun control proponent who would put up a sign like this in front of their home.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I too wouldn't want a "gun free zone" sign in front of my house but it's not that I would mind people knowing there are no guns, that wouldn't attract ordinary criminals. It's that the pro-gun extremists would take it as a challenge and they would be really dangerous.

1/15/2013 6:07 PM  
Blogger Paul Kirchner said...

Actually, there are people who have posted such signs. See here.

1/15/2013 7:46 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Sure, Tom, that makes a lot of sense.
Paul, for some reason I am dubious. Putting up a sing for a minute to take a picture doesn't show much of anything.

1/15/2013 9:00 PM  
Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

To paraphrase a gentleman I know (Former USMC Sniper Instructor), my sign would say "Semi-precious Metals Dealer. FREE DELIVERY!"

With a photo of a firearm being discharged below...

1/16/2013 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home