10/08/2009

Kevin Jennings raised in White House Press Briefing

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
October 5, 2009


Q: Robert, The Washington Times editorial headline, "Obama's lewd schools czar." Your response?

MR. GIBBS: I think -- I don't have anything on that right now.

Q: Is the President unconcerned about Kevin Jennings' salute of Harry Hay, who publicly praised NAMBLA?

MR. GIBBS: I'm happy to talk to you about this. I don't have anything on this right now.

David.


Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
October 1, 2009


Q: On a different subject, the right went after Van Jones for statements that he had made in the past. He lost a job. This guy Yosi Sergant at the National Endowment of the Arts was their next target. He lost his job. Now conservatives are going after Kevin Jennings at the Department of Education for what they say is, I don't know, facilitating -- I can't tell what it was -- but anyway, something bad. (Laughter.) It was facilitating statutory rape. And I'm wondering, first of all, if you guys -- are you aware of this latest campaign? Do you have anything substantive to say about what they are saying about this guy, Kevin Jennings, and when does -- what do you think of this hop-scotching from appointment -- Obama appointment to Obama appointment?

MR. GIBBS: Well, I think the Department of Education had a statement on this. I would point you to that. I think there are many good people from every political persuasion that seek to serve their country and serve in government. I think it's a sacrifice, but one that people do voluntarily because they love their country.

I think it's a shame to watch what they do -- I think it's a shame -- I hope that as people watch, they'll match up some of the actual truth to what is being said on some of these occasions and start to provide a little reality check to some of what's going on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home