5/23/2009

Pharmacist defends himself with a gun, has no regrets

News OK has this story:

Man has no regrets defending Oklahoma City pharmacy
Buzz up!
BY JOHNNY JOHNSON
Published: May 22, 2009
Modified: May 23, 2009 at 11:15 am

Jerome Ersland was back at work Thursday filling prescriptions and hoping that by taking the life of a 16-year-old boy two days earlier, he had saved others.

Rubbing an oversized bandage on his left forearm, where he said he was grazed by a robber’s bullet, Ersland related details of what he said was a highly organized hit on the Reliable Discount Pharmacy.

"I just regret anybody would get killed,” Ersland said. "But if I wouldn’t have been here, there would have been three people killed — the other pharmacist and the two techs.”

He also recalls the angry voices of people who gathered outside the pharmacy Tuesday night, shouting that he was a racist who unnecessarily took a life of the Seeworth Academy charter school student, Antwun Parker.

"There were a lot of black people gathered out there yelling and everything at my boss,” Ersland said. . . . .


Thanks to Lawrence Herndon, CM Ross, and others for sending me this link.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

Please forgive me Dr. Lott, but what you have posted does not match the link to the story.

I do so try to read the links that you post, so that I may do my best to comprehend the entirety of the situation, as I know that space and time here at your blog is limited.

How this may be interpreted can go many ways, but methinks that an explanation of the differences between your post, and the link could be enlightning, shall we say.

Many a time have I seen online stories updated as time passes. Then again, I have seen what the Obama Administration has done in the area of webscrubbing.

I simply do not like attacks based upon the timeframe of when the initial data was gathered, vs the updated (or redacted) data that was reposted.

5/25/2009 1:46 AM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Martin:

Yes it does. Just look down the page for the text.

5/25/2009 3:44 AM  
Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

It would appear that I have erred Dr. Lott.

Possible confusion caused by high blood pressure when I read of liberal misdeeds? ;)

5/25/2009 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home