12/07/2007

Characteristics of the readers of my blog

First let me say that I have absolutely no idea how this information is obtained nor do I vouch for its accuracy. I was actually kind of stunned that it was supposedly possible to get this type of data on the type of people who go to different websites. One problem that I immediately see with this data is that they claim that there are fewer than 2,000 unique visitors to my website when my sitemeter claims that there are over 20,000 per month. Another problem is that I switched to blogspot a couple of months ago, but quantcast doesn't have enough data to give me information on that site address and is giving me data on an old address.

Given those caveats, apparently the readers of my blog are more educated than those who go to the average blog, tend to be 25 to 34 or 55 to 64, and more likely to have kids at home. Because I recent changed blog servers I am missing a lot of hits here (this is the breakdown for the old address and the new one has been used long enough for a breakdown), but it is still interesting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger BlogMaster said...

At 47, I must be an anomaly... though I do have 4 kids (12 and under) at home. I like and appreciate your site and visit it a few times a week.

Dr. John

12/10/2007 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home