11/06/2007

Email on the Death Penalty

I received this email earlier today. While I normally receive a lot of these and I don't usually paste these types of emails (I like to stick to factual arguments), this one particularly got to me.

I just read your article about whether the death penalty is a deterent.
I just want to comment that , to me, it doesn't matter if it's a deterent or not.
The death penalty IS justice ( rightful. fair and deserved punishment ) to the murderer for what was done to the victim (s) and their family. Simple_ as_ that. But.. it also needs to be
implemented, not ignored or postponed.
Our 12 year old daughter was murdered by a man in 1981, who has been on Death Row (Cal.) for 25 years with no execution date in sight. He has free meals, Cable T.V. and better medical care than we do.
Justice, for us, has failed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I have to agree with this man. Justice delayed is justice denied, at least from the standpoint of the family of the victim.

But it should also be pointed out that even with the great delays the death penalty still reduces murder rates.

11/07/2007 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home