10/26/2007

Three talks down in Seattle, One more to go

It has been a fun week First Appalachian School of Law in Virginia. Then in Seattle I have had talks with the Seattle Federalist Society, the econ department at the University of Washington, and Women of Washington. TV Washington covered the Federalist Society event and today I was on Kirby Wilbur's radio show. All the events have been a lot of fun. The big talk is still coming up tonight where there will be around 1,000 people at the Free Enterprise Conference 2007 at the Westin in Bellevue at 9 PM. There was another small talk on Friday, but it wasn't open to the public.

UPDATE: Well, I did the talk tonight, and it was a lot of fun. First, let me apologize for those relying on my website to go to the talk. While I meet the people who took me to the talk at the Westin, the actually talk was at a convention center and given the number of people at this event it needed to be in the convention center. It was a large auditorium, with huge video screens. Given the academic that I am, the 50 minutes that they allowed me were not enough, but I can blame them a little bit because as the speech sent on, the time keepers were ordered to give me more time. That is a first for me, but for an event that seemed to be timed down to the minute the fact that they gave me an extra 10 minutes to talk was very nice. All I can say is that the ovation that I got was much more impressive than the type of ovation that I have gotten from any academic talks. Finally, the setup tonight was extremely well organized. Jeff and Pam Israel did an extremely good job in chaperoning me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home