8/15/2006

A thought on Lieberman's General Election Race

I have been thinking about the Republican strategy of so openly helping out Senator Lieberman. Those who have read my bolg know that I have strongly supported his campaign despite disagreeing with him on many topics. But there is an interesting angle that I haven't heard mentioned by anyone else: the more Republicans openly support Lieberman, the more that I believe that the Moveon.org types will demand that other Democrats oppose Lieberman. This part of the Democratic base already dislikely Lieberman tremendously (something that I can't begin to figure out), but my guess is that to the extent that Republicans say anything nice about Lieberman or to the extent that they raise money to help out his campaign, other Democrats will feel forced to work agains him even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home