2/03/2006

A note from a law school student

A reader of my website writes:

"I was driving today and I saw a bumper sticker that said "those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither," paraphrasing a Ben Franklin quote. There has also been some press coverage on a protest of some sort where some ladies are holding up a sign saying the same thing, I believe it is in reference to the Patriot Act or the domestic wire tapping. Suddenly it hit me how hypocritical that was coming from liberal America, in light of the recent San Francisco handgun ban and the Wisconsin CCW permit veto. I just thought you may want to point that out in one of your articles."

Andrew
Law School Student
Florida State University

3 Comments:

Blogger Wadical said...

I agree it's certainly hypocritical. It seems par for the course for most lefties.
I believe this presidential power(domestic wire tapping), broad in scope though it may be, has been used with much restraint for the right reasons and quite judiciously by Bush. My greatest fear, however, is what a liberal government (by nature, prone to be oversized) would do with this "broad power." Would they use it to combat whatever THEY see as evil or threatening to our national security? (private gun ownership perhaps?) I fear a (liberal) government that powerful.

2/05/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger bullbore said...

Quite a scary thought indeed! I always enjoy it when liberals think their rights are threatened... they seem to use arguments that if a conservative used they would scoff and dismiss. I second the fear of a liberal with the power that Bush has, it is a scary scary thought...i will have nightmeres tonight.

2/06/2006 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There have been a number of letters to the Denver papers with the Patrick henry quote, "Give me liberty or give me death". Maybe some of the left-over "Better Red than dead" group.
I've said before, if the govnt hears me talking to my girlfriend, no problem. Now if my wife hears me talking to my girlfriend...
OldeForce

2/13/2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home